Introducing your 2016 homecoming candidates

Haley Barnett, Staff Writer

Homecoming Week started off with a lot of momentum. On Monday, Sept. 19, some of Southeastern’s very own homecoming royalty fought for your vote at “SE’s Got Talent”. But what is behind the guitar and the sketch comedy? Here are your Homecoming King and Queen nominees:

• Kayla Castagnetta – Representing Southeastern Cheer, she is a senior biology major from Hartshorne, OK. She is a member of the SOSU Cheer Squad, a Savage Storm Leader and a member of the Cardinal Key Honor Society. Castagnetta was a Top Ten Freshmen 2013-2014, a recipient of the William Allen Crutcher Scholarship 2015-2016, and NGAOK Scholarship 2014-2015, a member of OK Air National Guard since 2012 and Sigma Tau Gamma’s White Rose.
  • Sierra Janway – Representing the Native American Student Association, she is a senior psychology major from Heavener, OK. She is an Alumni Legacy Leader, a member of Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority, Native American Student Association, a True Blue Ambassador, in the President’s Leadership Class of 2013, and a Savage Storm Leader 2014-2015. Janway is an O.J Harvey Scholar, Top Ten Freshmen of 2013-2014 and a recipient of the Presidential Leadership Scholarship 2013-2014.
  • Amanda Price – Representing the Cardinal Key Honor Society, she is a senior occupational health and safety major from Kingston, OK. She is involved in the Cardinal Key Honor Society, CO-Captain of Southeastern Cheer Squad and a member of the American Society of Safety Engineers. Amanda was on the President’s Honor Roll from 2010 to 2016, recipient of Beatrice and Cortez Lee Crutcher Memorial Scholarship, Burie Andrews and L. Mildred Ruble Vineyard Scholarship, Occupational Safety and Health Scholarship and the Mix 96.1 Academic All-Star Scholarship.
  • Alexandra Ray – Representing Savage Storm Leaders, she is a senior elementary education major from Blanchard, OK. She is an Alumni Legacy Leader, former member of the President’s Leadership Class and Cardinal Key Honor Society. Alexandra is a recipient of the President’s Leadership Scholarship, Miss Oklahoma Contestant Scholarship and Cross Family Scholarship.
  • Maddy Schneider – Representing Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority, she is a senior marketing major from Pottsboro, TX. She is the president of Sigma Sigma Sigma, president of Cardinal Key Honor Society, secretary of True Blue Ambassadors, former member of Presidents Leadership Class and former member of the SOSU Cheer Squad. Maddy is the recipient of the Newcomer of the Year Award and the Sigma of the year for Sigma Sigma Sigma.
  • Henry Castagnetta – Representing Savage Storm Leaders, he is a senior occupational safety and health major from Hartsthorne, OK. He is the Sigma Tau Gamma executive vice president and vice president of membership, a Savage Storm Leader, former SOSU Cheerleader and member of the Oklahoma Air National Guard. Henry was also on the Deans Honor Roll 2015-2016.
  • Mitchell Emberson – Representing the True Blue Ambassadors, he is a senior occupational safety and health major from Taft, CA. He is the True Blue Ambassador president, an Alumni Legacy Leader, member of Baptist Collegiate Ministries, American Society of Safety Engineers, National Honor Society, American Association of Drilling Engineers, Relay for Life team captain and a former member of the President’s Leadership Class. Mitchell is the recipient of the Gwendolyn Eileen Minks Scholarship, William Allen Crutcher Scholarship, Holmes Family Scholarship, Helen Hooser Endowed Scholarship, Veterans of Foreign War and the Confidence Foundation.
  • Isaac Parker Elliot – Representing Baptist Collegiate Ministry, he is a junior occupational safety and health from Durant, OK. He is involved with the Baptist Collegiate Ministry,Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Phi Sigma Nu Fraternity and American Society of Safety Engineers. Isaac is a former member of the President’s Leadership Class and recipient of the Jim and Donna Tyler Scholarship.
  • Bryan Gibson – Representing Lamda Chi Alpha Fraternity, he is a senior occupational safety and health major from Azle, TX. He is the president of Lambda Chi Alpha, member of the American Society of Safety Engineers, former Savage Storm Leader, member of the 2013-2014 President’s Leadership class, member of Alpha Chi Honor Society and Blue Key Honor Society. Bryan is the recipient of the William A. Crutcher Scholarship and is on the President and Dean’s List.
  • Dave Kirk Sanders – Representing Sigma Tau Gamma Fraternity, he is a senior occupational safety and health major from Mckinney, TX. He is a Savage Storm Leader, the Vice President of Programs Sigma Tau Gamma. Dave is the recipient of the Chuck Dale Scholarship, SSS Scholarship, ASSE Scholarship, OSC Scholarship, Dock and Ella Nora Jones Occupation and President’s Honor Roll.

This year’s Homecoming elections will be open on Blackboard to all students on Thursday, Sept. 22, at 11 a.m.

Alexandra Ray
Alexandra Ray
Amanda Price
Amanda Price
Bryan Gibson
Bryan Gibson
Dave Kirk Sanders
Dave Kirk Sanders
Henry Castagnetta
Henry Castagnetta
Kayla Castagnetta
Kayla Castagnetta
Maddy Schneider
Maddy Schneider
Mitchell Emberson
Mitchell Emberson
Sierra Janway
Sierra Janway