October events hosted by Native American Student Association

HannahMacy Garrett, Staff writer

It is Homecoming, as well as spooky season here at Southeastern and the Native American Student Association is hosting events on the Durant campus all month long.

On Wednesday, October 19, at 7 p.m., join NASA for a volleyball and corhole fundraiser in from of Shearer Hall.

The following Wednesday, October 26, at 7 p.m., NASA is hosting a pumpkin carving contest in front of the Student Union. Be there to show off your pumpkin carving skills and get spooky!

The NASA president, Jayda Janway, encourages students to attend upcoming NASA events to gain more knowledge about the friendly and engaging environment of the Native American student population on campus.

“With our organization, we give opportunity for all students to come and engage with our group in hopes that we can create a welcoming environment for all,” Janway said. “Our goal of NASA is to expand cultural knowledge and give students an academic insight for a successful four-year plan.”

To end the spooky season on a high note, NASA is hosting its Indigenous People’s Day Celebration Stickball Tournament all day long on Saturday, October 29. Join the group on the Paul Laird Field from 8 a.m.-10 p.m. for a fun day of raffles, free t-shirts and other prizes, concessions and some friendly competition. Come support your favorite stickball team, as well as other organizations on campus and stick around to see who wind the first place prize of $500 cash.

For more information about these upcoming events, you may contact Jayda Janway by phone at (479) 462-9566.