Celebrate Parents’ Day with the Savage Storm Family

By University Communications

Head over to the Savage Storm photo booth to take a family picture with Bolt, the Savage Storm mascot. The first 100 guests will receive a Parents’ Day t-shirt.

Julianna Blanton, Staff Writer

Southeastern Oklahoma State University is hosting Parents’ Day on Saturday, Nov. 13 to give parents the opportunity to visit their students on campus and spend quality time together. Parents’ Day consists of campus wide activities such as taking pictures with Bolt, Tailgate Alley, campus tours and of course, the SE vs. ECU football game.

Parents’ Day is a university tradition that has been enjoyed for many years. It is a unique event for students to let their parents get a taste of what their college experience looks like.

Mitchell Emberson, Director of Student Life, explained, “This event takes a lot of planning. We put a bunch of events together so families can come see their students in their natural element.” Emberson also emphasized that this event is open to all Southeastern students, including those who live off campus.

Parents’ Day is a great opportunity for families to come together and cherish quality time on campus. This also helps parents to be able to experience student life and what the university has to offer.

Parents’ Day is open to anyone students call family, whether they are in the family group text or not.

Families can purchase discounted general admission tickets to the SE vs. ECU football game using the code PARENTS21. To purchase tickets ahead of time, visit gosoutheastern.com/sports/2021/6/18/tickets.aspx.

Discounted tickets can only be purchased online and must be pre-purchased by Nov. 12. to receive the discount. Discounts will not be available at the gate.

To see the full list of activities to do on Parents’ Day, visit www.se.edu/parents-day-at-southeastern/.

For more information, contact the Office of Student Life at [email protected].