Tips and tricks to navigate finals week

By drobotdean - www.freepik.com

Pick up a pencil and paper and write out your schedule for finals week. If you have a planner, fill it in ahead of time for easy access and one less thing to worry about.

Kylie Carrell, Staff Writer

The end of the semester is near and finals are steadily growing closer. Many students get nervous as these big exams approach, so keep these tips in mind to avoid any additional stress.

First and foremost, know when your tests are scheduled. The final exam schedule can be found at se.edu/registrar/final-exam-dates/. It gives the full final exam list for the week of May 3.

Finals week is not like a regular week of in-class instruction time, so it is important to know exactly when and where you are supposed be. With this in mind, it is also important to verify times with your professors, as some may change their final exam time or choose to do a final project instead.

Knowing the content on your final exam is vital. Is it comprehensive or does it only cover the last two weeks of content? Knowing the percentage in which your final counts toward your final grade can also be helpful. Communicating with your professor on any questions you may have about your final exam is highly recommended.

Self-care during finals week is especially important. Make sure healthy eating habits are practiced and that meals are not skipped. This will give the energy boost needed to make it through the stressful time. Do not forget to sleep. Studying all night for an 8 a.m. final will only hinder brain power. Shoot for at least eight hours of sleep the night before your big tests.

Following these tips may help you achieve the low-stress, successful finals week you need. Good luck on your exams!