True Blue Ambassadors attend fall training session

EDIT 11/17/10: The Original article in this post came from the wrong file. We have now posted the intended text and photos. We apologize for any inconvenience.

True Blue Ambassadors participated in a weekend retreat in September.

by David Reagan

staff writer/photographer

SE’s True Blue Ambassadors attended a weekend-long retreat with Elizabeth Stidham and guest speaker Dr. Lacinda Brese to train new representatives and sharpen each ambassador’s communication skills.

True Blue ambassadors are exemplary students hand-chosen by faculty to represent Southeastern and help out with future student events such as campus tours.

The retreat, held Sept. 20 and 21, consisted of fun teamwork activities and campus tour training. The Ambassadors also participated in a session that involved writing, editing, planning and presenting their statement about why they love Southeastern. This session concluded Saturday with a delivery critique session with Brese, director of forensics and assistant professor of

As part of the retreat, members of the True Blue Ambassadors participated in a session about sharing their own Southeastern stories, led by Dr. Lacinda Brese.

communication.

This program is a part of SE Speaks, a training model Dean of Enrollment Management Liz McCraw and Brese designed to teach participants how to cohesively share their “Southeastern story” in about three minutes.

SE Speaks was created to ensure that visitors and prospective students hear about real experiences during their time on campus, so they gain insight into what being a part of the Southeastern family is truly about, said Brese.

The goal is for participants of SE Speaks to leave the training session with a three-minute story about a specific event or instance and its significance to the storyteller, visitor and prospective student.