Local Student appointed to State Cabinet

Senior, Shalee Buzan, was appointed as Coordinator of Community for the state president’s cabinet for the Oklahoma Student Government Association.

Daniela Arvizo, Contributing Writer

The Oklahoma Student Government Association recently created cabinet positions that would allow student leaders to become more involved in the state student government.

Under the direction of OSGA State President Traeton Dansby, the organization aims to create connections between the OSGA leadership and college student governments across the state of Oklahoma. These cabinet positions include: President’s Advisor, Coordinator of Fundraising, Coordinator of Government Affairs and Coordinator of Community.

These positions were created for the purpose of community engagement throughout the great state of Oklahoma to assist in aiding student leaders and their student governments.

Shalee Buzan, was recently appointed as Coordinator of Community for the state president’s cabinet for the Oklahoma Student Government Association. Under this office, the Coordinator of Community will be working with other cabinet appointees and other organizational officers to carry out the mission and vision of OSGA.

She will be responsible for outreaching to the respected communities throughout the state and working with local student governments to bring a bigger and brighter future for the state of Oklahoma.

“We are working towards spanning our outreach to schools across the state,” said Dansby. “Which is why it was imperative to establish these roles under the guidance of our constitution. I feel Buzan is a perfect pick for this position and I look forward to working with her in the near future.”

OSGA is a statewide organization that holds regular meetings once a semester for colleges and universities from around the state. The purpose is for student leaders to discuss common issues that they are having on campuses.

There are Senate hearings over proposed legislation on the first day and Senate voting and amending on the second. Resolutions passed by OSGA are passed up to Oklahoma legislators and the Oklahoma State Regents, who then propose laws based on OSGA suggestions.

For more information, email us at [email protected]