Gabrielle Ford represents Southeastern at Research Day

Back to Article
Back to Article

Gabrielle P. Ford of Durant was selected to represent Southeastern Oklahoma State University at Research Day held recently at the State Capitol.Ford is graduating from Southeastern in May with a double-major in Chemistry and Biological Sciences, and will start her Pharmacy Doctorate training at the University of Oklahoma-Health Sciences Center in August.

University Communications

University Communications

University Communications

University Communications

DURANT, Okla. – Gabrielle P. Ford of Durant was selected to represent Southeastern Oklahoma State University at Research Day held recently at the State Capitol. Twenty-two undergraduate students representing 16 Oklahoma colleges and universities presented competitive scientific research posters to the State Legislature and the public during this annual event sponsored by Oklahoma NSF EPSCoR, the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education and the National Science Foundation. The event is designed to raise awareness of the outstanding research that is taking place at Oklahoma’s colleges and universities. Ford’s research focused on pathogen regulation, with a long-term goal of improving cure rates of infectious diseases, and was carried out under Drs. D. Dyer and L. Jackson, Department of Microbiolgy and Immunology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, during a summer internship sponsored by the NIH Oklahoma INBRE program.  Ford is graduating from Southeastern in May with a double-major in Chemistry and Biological Sciences, and will start her Pharmacy Doctorate training at the University of Oklahoma-Health Sciences Center in August.