What’s new in Durant?

Munchies Donuts & Brunch

Munchies Donuts & Brunch

Munchies Donuts & Brunch Facebook Page

Munchies Donuts & Brunch Facebook Page

Munchies Donuts & Brunch

Anna Kelly, Staff Writer

Durant is ever-evolving and the businesses are multiplying like crazy! It seems that each time you go into town, you pass a new business. This year alone, Durant several new businesses including Munchies Donuts & Brunch, Opera House Coffee, Firehouse Subs and Lotus Nail.

Munchies Donuts & Brunch

Munchies Donuts & Brunch is a restaurant that “specializes in always making sure their customers feel welcome so they leave both satisfied and with a smile.” Munchies offers classic breakfast foods and TexMex cuisine such as tamales, burritos and empanadas. Munchies’ featured item however, are their artistic donuts. Munchies donuts every in shape, color, and flavors so you’re guaranteed to find one you’ll love!

Munchies Donuts & Brunch Facebook Page
Munchies Donuts & Brunch

Lotus Nail

Lotus Nail is a luxury nail salon and spa located next to Pet Sense. They offer manicures, pedicures, shellac nails, acrylic nails, dip powder nails, French tips and custom nail art designs. The prices start at $30 for a basic nail set, and can go up as expensive as you’d like depending on your desired look. Lotus Nail offers complimentary sodas, wine or margaritas to all of their customers.

Lotus Nail Facebook Page
Lotus Nail Salon

Firehouse Subs

Firehouse Subs is a sandwich chain restaurant that has recently opened a store on Main Street. The restaurant features fresh meats, sharp cheeses, fresh cut vegetables, and sandwiches good enough to save a life. FireHouse donates a portion of every sandwich sale to their Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation which supports firefighters and first-responders all over the United States.

Firehouse Subs Durant Facebook Page
Firehouse Subs

Opera House Coffee

Opera House Coffee is a coffee shop located in Durant’s historic theatre built in 1901. They serve coffee, tea, wine, and pasteries from 6 a. m. until 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday. The owners, Ami and Shaun Rawlings, completely restored the J.L. Wilson theatre building downtown to its 1901 authenticity in order to preserve the history of our great community.

Megan McFarland
Opera House Coffee

About the Photographer
Megan McFarland, Managing Editor

Favorite food: Spaghetti or any kind of potatoes

Favorite book/magazine: As cliche as it is, I love Cosmo and People magazines. I also love reading YA fictions and romance novels.

Dream job: PR package designer for a big cosmetic company/brand

Favorite movie: The Proposal for laughs or The Blind Side for tears. I kinda LOVE Sandra Bullock.

Currently watching: Zumbo’s Just Desserts on Netflix. I binge-watch baking shows…

Music of choice: Country, pop, classical instrumentals, or indie/alternative. It changes with the seasons.

Megan is a Communication/AdPR major with a graphic design minor who has been a member of the SE Student Publications since Fall 2017. She has served as staff writer, News Editor, and is now the Managing Editor. When not working on The Southeastern, Megan enjoys relaxing with her dog, creating videos for her YouTube channel, and experimenting in the kitchen. This year, she looks forward to growing The Southeastern, creating a new media organization on campus, and focusing on her professional portfolio. Follow her on Twitter @MeganMcFarland7