Southeastern’s homecoming parade in downtown Durant

Southeastern President, Sean Burrages car lined up Saturday before the parade. The parade featured both Southeastern students and Durant High School students.

By Colton Tollett

Southeastern President, Sean Burrage’s car lined up Saturday before the parade. The parade featured both Southeastern students and Durant High School students.

Colton Tollett, Staff Writer

Spectators gathered in downtown Durant on Thursday, October 5 to view Southeastern’s homecoming parade.

A variety of Southeastern student organizations and sports teams, including the President’s Leadership Class, basketball team, and marching band, were featured in the parade. The homecoming king and queen nominees were also presented along with floats that students had built throughout the week.

This year’s homecoming parade made a slight change from the traditional parade schedule observed through the years. Typically, the parade takes place on the Saturday of the homecoming football game. However, this year it was held on Thursday. Since Durant High School’s homeomcing fell on the same weekend, Southeastern collaborated with Durant High School to create one homecoming parade.

The parade marched down Main Street and ended at the Market Square. The festivities continued with food trucks, games, and a live band provided by Durant Main Street. Southeastern students and alumni stayed and enjoyed the activities after the parade concluded.

The Southeastern homecoming parade was just one of many activities included in the successful 2017 Homecoming week.