Southeastern Student Life hosts open house for student organization leaders

Wyatt Hubbard, Staff Writer

Southeastern Office of Student Life hosted a student life open house on Aug. 30. Student organization leaders and advisers met with members of student government to discuss student organization budgets, the President’s Club and homecoming.

The budget seminar covered how organizations would get the finances for travel, lodging and meal expenses. Organization leaders will fill out a partial travel request form with the amount they need to cover these expenses. The Student Government Association must approve the amount of money needed.

Another seminar covered President’s Club which is a new club where student organization presidents can meet and learn different management tactics.

“President’s Club is a new organization. We had the very first meeting last spring and it was very successful. The goal of President’s Club is to connect organizations with each other,”said Luke Carson, junior at Southeastern.

President’s Club also provides funding opportunities for student organizations.

“President’s Club connects organizations; a lot of organizations don’t know about each other but they have similar values and do similar events on campus so if we can connect those organizations they can work together and have bigger events instead of multiple smaller events,” said Luana Antuono, junior and president of the Student Government Association.