The Career Center helps students enter the workforce

Colton Tollett, Staff Writer

The newly updated Career Management Center is a great resource for students to find career opportunities before graduation.

Located in the Administration Building, room 213, the center offers a variety of learning tools including business contact information, interview skills training, on the job tips and other techniques for students’ success. The program focuses on helping students find career opportunities and achieve the skills required to land the job.

The Career Management Center is coordinated by Kay Barber who has many years experience working with students in public school and college settings. She wants to use her knowledge to help students out in any way she can.

Barber explained that, “graduating is just the beginning. At the center we want to help you succeed after you graduate and possibly get a job before you graduate.”

She helps students build skills by offering lecture series and workshops on resumes, cover letters and other important things to know when looking for a career.

As the program continues to grow, Barber is looking to find any opportunity available for students to learn. “We actually have employers who come out and speak to the students and interview them,” Barber said.

The Career Management Center hopes to help ease some of the stress felt by many seniors. As coordinator of the program, Kay Barber enjoys working personally with students to build confidence when going out into the workforce.

For more information contact Kay Barber at (580)-745-2270 or email at [email protected]