Musical Arts Series presents Jonathan Yarrington and Kate Stubbs

Jonathan Yarrington performed as a part of Southeastern Music Departments Musical Arts Series. Photo courtesy of se.edu.

Jonathan Yarrington performed as a part of Southeastern Music Department’s Musical Arts Series. Photo courtesy of se.edu.

Jerai Billy, Staff Writer

Jonathan Yarrington performed Winterreise, 0p 89, D 911 by Franz Schubert at Southeastern’s Fine Arts Recital Hall on Thursday, September 15.
Yarrington is a native of Idaho Falls and is an assistant professor of voice at the University of Southern Mississippi. He was also a member of the Dallas Opera Studio from 2011 to 2014, singing nearly one hundred performances in the title roles of their education and outreach productions of Doctor Miracle and Jack and the Beanstalk.
Yarrington has sung more than fifteen leading roles with UNT Opera, UNI Opera and BYU Opera. He holds a Doctor of Musical Arts in Vocal Performance from the University of North Texas, where he studied with Dr.Stephen F. Austin.
He is a former student of the Metropolitan Opera mezzo-soprano, Ariel Bybee, and he won the Nebraska district of the Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions in 2005.
Dr. Kate Stubbs also performed Thursday night on piano. She has been on faculty at Southeastern as a collaborative pianist since 2015
She coaches and collaborates with all vocal and instrumental music majors in the department and also plays for voice studio classes, choral conducting methods, monthly departmental recitals, ensemble performances, faculty recitals and guest artist recitals.