Frank Ocean goes Blonde

Ivy Phelps, News Editor

Frank Ocean dropped his long awaited album “Blonde” on Aug. 20. This is Ocean’s sophomore album following his 2012 debut “Channel Orange.”

There is extreme hype surrounding this album including Tweets, Facebook posts, and Snapchats depicting “Blonde” listening parties, album screenshots, and samples of the hot new album.

Ocean released “Blonde” two days after the release of his visual album, “Endless.” Ocean’s visual album consists of 12 songs.

Even those who have never heard of Frank Ocean are probably finding it difficult not to be intrigued by this new album release.

The album title was originally rumored to be named “Boys Don’t Cry” as opposed to “Blonde.”

Ralontae Worley, Southeastern junior communication major, offered his take on the highly anticipated album release, “Frank Ocean is back and better than ever. This project takes a deep, introspective into social issues, and the mysterious artist’s love life. Ocean’s return to the world was worth the wait.”

“Blonde” features 17 tracks including standouts such as White Ferrari, Nike, Ivy, Solo, and Self Control.

“Blonde” credits many artists including industry heavy hitters such as, Andre 3000, Beatles, Beyonce, David Bowie, Jamie XX, Kanye West, Kendrick Lamar, Pharrell Williams, Tyler the Creator, and Yung Lean.

“Blonde” is exclusively available on Apple music including iTunes and Apple streaming services. “Blonde” is currently the number one album on iTunes.

The album is only available in its entirety. Considering most songs on iTunes cost approximately $1.29, Ocean’s latest album includes 17 songs at $9.99 which is a reasonable price for the music store.