Barnes and Noble previews new SE fashion

These+items+and+more+can+be+purchased+at+the+SE+Barnes+and+Noble+bookstore+on+campus.+

These items and more can be purchased at the SE Barnes and Noble bookstore on campus.

Haley Barnett, Staff Writer

As the new semester begins departments across campus have been hard at work organizing and assisting with this year’s “Storm Week” events, previously known as “Welcome Week”. This year’s events have been high energy thus far.

On Wednesday, August 17th, students and faculty gathered in the Glenn D. Johnson Student Union Atrium to watch the annual Barnes and Noble Fashion Show. For the second year in a row, the volunteer models had the opportunity to pick the outfit that best represented their Southeastern Pride and show off their school spirit on the runway.

Jackie Codner, store manager, expressed her excitement for the annual event. Codner stated she loved showing students what the book store has to offer. The campus book store provides textbooks, school supplies and unique Southeastern apparel all at a competitive rate.

Every year the judges pick winners based on creativity, personality and Southeastern Pride. All of the models had their own pizzazz, but there were two that stood out among the rest. This year’s winners were Connor Judd and Jewel Zukosky. Connor won the crowd over with his infectious Southeastern pride and Jewel shined bright with creativity.

Codner would love to see everyone in the book store this year so they can discover what the book store staff has to offer. The Barnes and Noble is located at 1335 N. 5th Street. Their hours are Monday through Thursday 8a.m. to 5p.m. and Friday 9a.m. to 1p.m.