Springapalooza (Safe Spring Break) is tomorrow

By Office of Student Life

After Spingapalooza, head over to the Bloomer Sullivan Arena for the SAAC Drinking and Driving Awareness event happening at 7 p.m.

HannahMacy Garrett, Staff Writer

The departments of Student Life, Housing and Residence Life, Student Wellness Services, Student Affairs, and the Campus Police Department, as well as various student organizations, are holding a Springapalooza (Safe Spring Break) event on Wednesday, March 9, at 5 p.m It will be held in the Student Union Atrium.

This annual event places an emphasis on having a safe Spring Break. Springapalooza is a chance to bring students together to not only have fun, but also spread awareness about safety. “We know students might be going places [and] doing fun things on Spring Break, so we want to educate them on how to do that safely,” said Mitchell Emberson, Director of Student Life. “So, we collaborate with all different departments on campus to have everyone bring their knowledge to what they can offer students.”

Springapalooza (Safe Spring Break) gives students the opportunity to learn about the different ways to stay safe during Spring Break, while also taking a break from the stresses of being a student participating in games and activities that will be provided by the sponsoring departments and organizations. Give aways will be held throughout the evening as well.

For more information, contact Mitchell Emberson at Director of Student Life. [email protected].