True Blue tips from James Reed

James Reed, Contributor

This semester has no doubt had its challenges, but there are great rewards ahead for those that use this opportunity to grow. Here are a few tried and true tips for getting through the last couple weeks of the semester.

First, sit down and make a list of what is left to do on a single clean piece of paper—bullet points, straight to the point, no fuss or frills. Create a simple list of what assignments are left and mark them off as you go. Trust me, there is no better feeling than marking items off that list! You will be amazed at the stress that disappears each time you mark a task completed, knowing that you are that much closer to your goal.

Second, stay in touch with your professors! I am always amazed that students do not reach out to their professors when they have questions. Think of it this way—these individuals made it their career to teach you. They must love the subject they are teaching, right? So, if you are struggling with an assignment or topic– ask! Send a quick email. But a word of caution… do not wait until the last minute to do so, that never looks good.

Lastly, and most importantly: you must remain positive. Becoming negative only sends you down a spiral of defeat. It is a well-known fact that optimistic people tend to be happier and more successful. It is as simple as knowing deep down that you will pass that test… that you will pass this semester… and that you will have that dream job.

Think these tips are silly? That is the pessimist inside you talking. Be positive and give them a try!

Best wishes,
James