15th annual Art Faculty and Student Exhibition

By Jack Ousey

Art student, Rachel Hendrix stands by her painting at the opening of the Art Faculty/Art Student Exhibition.

Durant, Okla. – Southeastern Oklahoma State University’s Division of Visual Art presents the 15th annual “Art Faculty/Art Students Exhibition”. The exhibition was on display from January 24 – February 16, 2017 with a Closing Reception on February 16, 2017 at 4:30 pm to 6 pm. The closing reception was well attended.

Art students, Reid St. John, Austin Duval, and Stephanie Canaday, visit the opening of the art exhibition.

The exhibit included a wide variety of art such as paintings, drawings, pottery, graphic design and photography. Artists on display included Visual Arts Professors, Dr. Donna Adams, Dr. Gleny Beach, Mr. Jack Ousey and the Chair of the ACT Department, Dr. Shannon McCraw. Gallery tech, Russell Poole, acknowledged that this was one of the best SE student/faculty shows that he has had the privilege of installing.”

Student artwork on display was juried by the Visual Arts Faculty and featured art by the Art Studio, Art Education and Graphic Design programs. Dr. Adams, Painting Instructor, noted “This exhibit showcases our students expertise in their various disciplines.” SOSU Graphic Design Student, Stephanie Canaday says, “She is excited to be a part of such a diverse show, from pottery to painting, there is a little bit of everything.”

For further information contact : Jack Ousey, Associate Professor of Visual Art at 580 745 2450.